“Continuing its efforts to enhance the transparency of courtroom proceedings, the federal Judiciary is about to launch a pilot project to make digital audio recordings publicly available online,” reports The Third Branch.
Five pilot project courts will begin loading the audio files into their CM/ECF systems later this summer where they will be available via PACER. During the six-to-12-month pilot project, access to the audio files will cost 16 cents–eight cents for accessing the docket sheet and another eight cents for selecting the audio file.
The five pilot project courts are:
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Source: Legal Dockets Online Blog