Starting November 3, 2008, Madison area public library users will be able to receive an e-mail notice two days before checked out items are due. This service will be available on an “opt-in” basis, so if you would like to participate, please contact your local library.
Or, you can use Library Elf like I do. Elf is a free service that works at lots of libraries, including a whole bunch in Wisconsin.
Elf will send you:
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and holds
- Consolidated list of yours or your family’s library loans and holds
- Cellphone text message alerts for holds (US and Canada)
- Real-time checking by browser
I’d be lost without this service. My family uses our local library quite heavily. Trying to keep track of items would be a nightmare without these notices.