The Wisconsin State Bar has recently published a newly updated edition of the Wisconsin Guide to Citation.
The new eighth edition reflects recent changes made to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, now in its 20th edition. New developments discussed in this edition of the Wisconsin Guide include:
- A new section on how to cite uniform acts, model codes, sentencing guidelines, and standards
- New sections discussing how to cite blog and social media posts
- Update to guidelines for citing sources on the Internet
- Update regarding how to cite legal dictionaries
- New examples showing how to cite various sources with different pincites
I’d like to thank Attorney-Editor Rita Knauss for offering me and my Law Librarians Association of Wisconsin colleagues the opportunity to comment and make suggestions for the new edition.
More information about the Guide, including information about how to order it, is available on the State Bar of Wisconsin website.