Blogging continues to increase in popularity among large law firms according to LexBlog’s, Kevin O’Keefe. His November 2008 State of the AmLaw 200 Blogosphere reveals the following:
- Over 35% of AmLaw 200 law firms have blogs.
- 12% of AmLaw 200 law firms have more than one blog.
- 32% growth in last 8 months in the number of AmLaw 200 law firms publishing blogs.
- 39% growth in last 8 months in total number of blogs being published by AmLaw 200 law firms (some firms have more than one blog).
And in the numbers:
- 72 of the 2008 AmLaw 200 firms were blogging.
- Those 72 firms were responsible for a total of 159 blogs.
- 122 of the 159 blogs were firm branded; the remaining 37 blogs were not branded. ‘Firm branded’ blogs are those where the firm’s name and/or logo are prominently displayed, indicating that the blog is more a product of the firm than of the individual author writing it.
See the full results, including a list of law firms with blogs or lawyers blogging at Real Lawyers Have Blogs.